Note: These are just my opinions. What works for me might work differently for someone else.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation vs. Make Up For Ever HD Foundation

I just recently purchased the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation, in the shade 100 Ivoire N, from the BX for $45.00. I love this foundation. It is a full coverage, oil-free, foundation that lasts all day. This product is so light and not cakey at all. I can barely even feel it on my face and it almost immediately turns into a matte finish after applying it to my face. According to Lancôme’s website, the ingredients include, “Eternalsoft Polymer (allows increased comfort level with ultra‑long wear), NAI pigments (specially coated pigments maintain consistent pH level with skin, so color stays true all day), and Perlite and Silica (two of the most effective oil‑absorbing ingredients).” This product is well worth the price.

"Teint Idole Ultra 24H - Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15 Sunscreen - Face Make Up by Lancome." Lancome Cosmetics and Skin Care Official Site: Make up, Skincare, Perfume, Sun & Body care. N.p., n.d. Web. 4 Dec. 2013.


I have been using Make Up For Ever HD Foundation, in the shade 110 Pink Porcelain, for about a year now. I purchased it for $42.00 at Sephora. It a medium to full coverage, oil free, foundation. I find this foundation to be more of a light to medium coverage and it does not last on my face very long. It stays wet  for a while after applying it, which you can see from the swatch below. A powder definitely needs to be used to set this foundation. According to Sephora’s website, the ingredients include “Relipidium which is supposed to moisturize the skin, and fucogel, which forms a microfilm that prevents dehydration and protects against external aggression”. Even with those ingredients, my skin would get dry after applying this foundation, and it would start flaking. After using Lancôme’s Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation, I recommend paying the $3 difference and purchasing that instead. There is a big difference in quality for just $3 more.

"MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation." Sephora. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Dec. 2013. <http://www.sephora.com/hd-invisible-cover-foundation-P217905>.


Left: Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H  Right: Make Up For Ever HD

No comments:

Post a Comment